And then I don't

Today I attended the Sacramento Modern Quilt Guild meeting. I really wanted to be able to share during show and tell. However, I sadly have not really been quilting. So I pulled a quilt I haven't share off with them off my mini quilt wall and the mini quilt I use as a placemat at lunch. Both adorable scrap quilts... but seriously that is I have.



I couldn't actually tell the last time I sat down at my sewing machine, or even went in my sewing room for anything other than dropping junk that I didn't know what else to do.

I keep thinking to myself... I am going to sew tonight. And then I don't.

Then I tell myself tomorrow..tomorrow I am going to sew. And then I don't.

So then I start bargaining with myself... Well if I can just get ___ done then I can have time to sew. And then I don't.

When I reflect back all I have done is avoided doing something that makes me happy. Something that relieves stress (which I have)... something that helps me focus (which I haven't been). Something that allows me to be creative. So what is the problem??? Why can't I seem to find my sewing mojo???

Not to say I haven't sewn at all these past few months. I did get kind of sucked into the instagram mini quilt swap mania.




But even for all of these mini quilts that I made, I have felt like I was forcing myself to sew. Oh yeah and of course these mini quilts were my other excuse for not sewing...

I will just finish this mini quilt and start on my projects. And then I didn't.

So what should I do to get my sewjo back? I am hoping that putting this out there, that maybe just maybe I might be able to use my thanksgiving break to find my sewjo again. What do you all think? Any tips for me to get out of this block?
post signature

Comments

  1. Sometimes when I'm stuck, I'll just start playing in my stash and start pulling fabric for different quilts. I don't need a plan. I just want to put different colors together. Many of them never make it into quilts but at least it's getting me to consider different combinations. Every once in a while something just hits and I end up inspired. I also do this a lot when I know I don't have the time to sew but I have a few minutes to play. Something else I do is just pull out my colored pencils and graph paper and start sketching. Look into Lucky Spools Mighty Lucky Club for next year. I think I may try it in lieu of swaps and bees.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the suggestions. I too love playing with my fabrics. I will look at the Lucky Spools Club right now.

      Delete
    2. CONTACT THE BEST LOTTERY SPELL CASTER FOR THE RIGHT LOTTERY NUMBERS NOW HIS LOTTERY SPELL IS 100% GUARANTEE WHATSAPP +2348118829899 

      Hello everyone am Raymond from Pennsylvania USA I want to share my wonderful testimony of how a powerful spell caster called Dr Great helped me to win lottery, i have been playing lottery for a long time now but I had no luck everything changed when I messaged Dr Great about winning the lottery he assured me that I will be the next winner he told me what to do and I did it and 24 hours later he sent me the lottery numbers and I played it I couldn't believe it I won $1,000,000 dollars it's was the best thing that have ever happened to me in my life. If you want to win a lottery WhatsApp or Call Dr Great on this number +2348118829899 or email him at infinitylovespell@gmail.com or infinitylovespell@yahoo.com 







      CONTACT THE BEST LOTTERY SPELL CASTER FOR THE RIGHT LOTTERY NUMBERS NOW HIS LOTTERY SPELL IS 100% GUARANTEE WHATSAPP +2348118829899 

      Hello everyone am Raymond from Pennsylvania USA I want to share my wonderful testimony of how a powerful spell caster called Dr Great helped me to win lottery, i have been playing lottery for a long time now but I had no luck everything changed when I messaged Dr Great about winning the lottery he assured me that I will be the next winner he told me what to do and I did it and 24 hours later he sent me the lottery numbers and I played it I couldn't believe it I won $1,000,000 dollars it's was the best thing that have ever happened to me in my life. If you want to win a lottery WhatsApp or Call Dr Great on this number +2348118829899 or email him at infinitylovespell@gmail.com or infinitylovespell@yahoo.com 







      CONTACT THE BEST LOTTERY SPELL CASTER FOR THE RIGHT LOTTERY NUMBERS NOW HIS LOTTERY SPELL IS 100% GUARANTEE WHATSAPP +2348118829899 

      Hello everyone am Raymond from Pennsylvania USA I want to share my wonderful testimony of how a powerful spell caster called Dr Great helped me to win lottery, i have been playing lottery for a long time now but I had no luck everything changed when I messaged Dr Great about winning the lottery he assured me that I will be the next winner he told me what to do and I did it and 24 hours later he sent me the lottery numbers and I played it I couldn't believe it I won $1,000,000 dollars it's was the best thing that have ever happened to me in my life. If you want to win a lottery WhatsApp or Call Dr Great on this number +2348118829899 or email him at infinitylovespell@gmail.com or infinitylovespell@yahoo.com 

      Delete
  2. Have you got any old WIP that only need that little bit of sewing to get finished? My last big rut I found that finishing really gave me a sense of achievement and pushed me to get something else finished. Before I knew it I was adding to my WIP

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that might be part of my probably. Everything is an old WIP. However, maybe if I turned a top into a quilt that might help... Now you have me thinking about it. Thanks for the suggestion.

      Delete
  3. Firstly, I would advise not forcing yourself to do something you don't want to do! Are there other creative pursuits you could turn to for inspiration- colouring, going to an art gallery, looking at craft books? As Janice said, even playing with fabric can get the ideas flowing. I hope the sew-jo returns soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the advice and the good thought for my sew-jo. I really do appreciate it.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the the time comment. Please know that I read each comment and they all make me smile.

Thanks for visiting, Jenn