Homemade towels and mat

This year I did make some handmade Christmas gifts.  I have really been liking all the handmade towels I keep seeing out there. My hope was that my mom would like some too. Plus, I found some fabric that was just her color. Meadowsweet to be exact (at my local Beverley's).

I didn't feel like the towels were quite enough, so I decided to make a dish mat also.

I had seen some of these dish mats made earlier on in the year and wanted to make one for myself.  I have a strong belief that you should only gift something that you would like to receive. To me this would be a great little gift to get, so I made one to go with the dish towels. So I quickly stitch this up and added to the gift set. OK let me take that back and be honest. I tried to quickly stitch this up, but I messed up on part of triple stitch and had to spend the morning before Christmas ripping out the stitches so that it would look perfect.
It ended up looking a little retro to me, but I think my mom really like it.  I still want a dishmat for me. I just need to decide on the colors. If I hadn't of had to rip out the stitches it would have been a very quick project.

Comments

  1. These are really cute -- and definitely a great gift idea! I just use a plain towel as my dishmat...yours is by far cuter! ha ha!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the the time comment. Please know that I read each comment and they all make me smile.

Thanks for visiting, Jenn