Fabric Choices Oh My

I am not normally a look at this fabric I purchased kinda of girl, but seriously I have to share this. I was walking though my local Beverly's (a week or so ago) and saw a fat quarter stack of Wonderland by Momo on the clearance. I passed it up because I didn't feel like I had anything to use for. Plus, I wanted to check out a couple other local quilt shops.

So I passed that opportunity up, not once but twice. See on Friday I went in search of fabric, at Beverly's and Runs with Scissors, for a class my mom and I are taking .  We are taking a class with Jodi Barrows  for her square in a square method to make some prairie claw blocks.

Prairie Claw examples
I wasn't having a good fabric shopping day. Nothing looked like it wanted to come home with me. I saw the fat quarter stack again and thought funny no one has bought it yet.  I couldn't make up my mind. So I decided just to use stash fabric. 

On Saturday morning I pulled out this fabric.

Stash Fabric

I have had it for a long time. I purchased (ok I talked my mom purchasing it) when I was  in college at a local quilt store there. Actually it is one of my all time favorite quilt stores. The Quilted Angel in Petaluma, CA. I don't know why I bought the fabric I just had to have it. I don't even know who made it, it doesn't have markings on the salvage, or at least I didn't get the salvage ends that have markings. I thought about using this for the prairie claw, but it just didn't say it wanted to be a prairie claw. It wanted to be part of the Kaleidoscope Quilt Along.





So now I was back to having nothing for the prairie claw. Then I thought about that oh so lovely stack of Wonderland, on sale. Then I couldn't stop thinking about it, and worrying someone else had it. Luckily when I got to Beverly's (in a slight panic) it was still there. I brought this lovely stack home with me.

Wonderland by Momo Fat Quarter Pack

Now lets take a closer look at that price.

Wonderland by Momo Fat Quarter Pack-3


No, No, that isn't it, that is the original price. It was marked down to this:

Wonderland by Momo Fat Quarter Pack 2 

I know that is a little hard to see,  and yes I wish it just said @5.49, but it is $55.49. Yes, I did really just get that stack of fabric for under 60 dollars. Yes, I am quite amazed. And yes, I am very happy that someone else didn't get my lovely little stack that will soon be turned into the prairie claw blocks. 

Now I just have to get up the courage to cut into that fabric, but first I need to clean out a project box. The one I started wasn't even a work in progress yet. It was from my I have all the supplies but haven't even started it pile.  I should have it done and ready to post tomorrow. 

Comments

  1. Lovely fabric - and at first I did think it said $5.95, which would have been incredible!! Still a very good deal though :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, thank you for buying that FQ stack. If you hadn't, I was going to have to reach through the computer and bop some sense into you. It's WONDERLAND! : ) Great price, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eek! I can't believe you got that wonderland for that price. So jealous! I had to use all my self-restraint not to buy a jelly roll, for that same price!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the the time comment. Please know that I read each comment and they all make me smile.

Thanks for visiting, Jenn