Thursday, November 17, 2011

Thanksgiving planning

Do you realize that Thanksgiving is just a week away...
Turkey!
picture via

This will be the first thanksgiving that we are hosting. My parents, my in-laws, my sister-in-laws boyfriends parents. All together we will have 16 people. Yes you read that right. 16 people!

image via

Now, I have cooked for over 60 people before, but for some reason 16 people is making me nervous. I think it is because Thanksgiving and I don't usually get along. I have had a long run of very poor to mediocre Thanksgivings. Never anything too bad, just not wonderful.


Partly, it is because I don't like big gatherings. Believe it or not I am actually a shy person. I don't like being the center of attention. I also get really anxious when I am big groups for a long time. It should be better this year, because I will hosting.

image via

I know that may seem strange, but the host part is better for me. I am able to concentrate on making everything perfect and I don't have to be the center of attention because everyone leaves you alone to cook. :)

Speaking of cooking. What is on your menu this year?

image via

This is ours:


  • turkey
  • sweet potato casserole 
  • mashed potato
  • stuffing
  • green bean casserole
  • creamed corn
  • cranberry relish
  • can o cranberry
  • deviled eggs
  • vegetable platter
  • pies
  • bread
  • drinks
Am I missing anything that would make this an epic Thanksgiving. I can tell u mine wouldn't be decorated like the above pictures, but I can dream. 


post signature

1 comment:

  1. Good luck! I'm still not brave enough to tackle Thanksgiving dinner on my own. It looks like you've got it all covered!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the the time comment. Please know that I read each comment and they all make me smile.

Thanks for visiting, Jenn