Sugar Cookies - We meet again

Yesterday, I got the nicest gift from my secret Santa at work. I should have taken a picture of it, but that would have taken forethought. So instead let me give you a mental picture.

My secret Santa present included: Christmas cookie cutters, Christmas oven mitts, a Christmas towel, snowman spatulas, a holiday colored whisk, sugar cookie dough, and frosting. All of this was neatly placed inside a  large red mixing bowl, which I place on my desk so my students could oh and oh over and I could taunt them with the thought of cookies. All the time knowing that there was no way I was making myself the cookies and that I would bake the cookies for them and bring the cookies in on our last day before winter break. Not that I would ever have lead them suspect something like that. So for two days they stared at the cookies and lovely cookie making tools. All the while thinking that I was such an evil teacher and would eat them all myself. I even over heard one little girl tell the next to her boy, who just happened to be absent when the present arrived, "they aren't for us" with longing in her voice. 

So, I came home this evening and I made sugar cookies.



No, I did not invite a 5 year old over to bake sugar cookies. Sugar cookies and have been arch-nemesis for a long time. My mom and I used to try and make them. They just turned out like rocks or burnt or just not right. I have even tried many, let's repeat that, many times since I "grew up". Last time, the sugar cookies turned out like sugar lace cookies - flat as pancakes... no even flatter. So I thought, a package this will work. I mean who can mess up a package of cookies...


Ummm, yeah that would be me. After over an hour of making, 20 minute cookies... a bit of yelling, maybe a bit of swearing and a bunch I hate sugar cookies! They are made. Hopefully my student like the thought... At least they aren't burnt. Plus I did get each student a pair of gloves and a candy cane. So that should make it just a little bit better.


Next time it is back to chocolate chip cookies or cupcakes... Those I can handle.
post signature

Comments

  1. Are you in bad need of love spell to bring back your ex lover or reunite your marriage? contact Dr Sam for fast 48 hours solution. I had a problem with my husband a year and six months ago, which lead us apart. When he broke up with me, I was confuse and did not know what to do to get him back, I felt so empty inside. Until i came across Dr Sam on the internet on how He has helped so many people solve there various problem. I emailed Him and I told Him my problem and i did what he asked me to do for him to help me, to briefly make the long story short, Before I knew it, in less than 48 HOURS, my Husband gave me a call and he came back to me and told me he was sorry about what was going on between the both of us. Finally I am writing this testimony to offer my thanks and deep gratitude to you Dr Sam for keeping to your words and your promises in bringing him back to me in just 48 hours of your powerful spell casting, and for using your gifted and great powers to bring him back. If you need his help, you can email him at ( okokakspellhome@gmail.com ) or add Dr Sam on WhatsApp ( +2349060421250) or call him get all your problems solve No problem is too big for him to solve..Contact him now THANKS TO Dr Sam

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the the time comment. Please know that I read each comment and they all make me smile.

Thanks for visiting, Jenn