Monday, October 8, 2012

Playing with Fabric

I have been playing with some fabric for the 4x5 Modern Quilt Bee. No guarantees but I think I am getting close to making my choices. I also ordered some fabric from Sew Lux Fabric with a gift card I won from there, but those won't be in for a few days. The two stacks are all mixed together but kind of in order of the each block set.

Pulling fabric for Hive #1 4x5 bee

and

Pulling fabric for Hive #1 4x5 bee stack 2

I am thinking about using a block similar to this from Summer Sampler Series by Freshly Pieced. 

Summer Sampler Series: Mosaic block

However, I think I am actually going using the parallelograms instead of the half square triangles so I can keep the prints in one piece and use my go fabric cutter. 

What do you all think?

post signature

6 comments:

  1. Love that block! And like you, prefer it with parallelograms. Came thisclose to asking my bee group to make it for me, but decided I'd rather do a quilt and make it for myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your purple stack! Can't wait to see the blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it is a great idea to use this block but keep the prints in a parallelogram shape. Perhaps if you have time you should sketch it out to see how you like it. Happy Bee Block making. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the the time comment. Please know that I read each comment and they all make me smile.

Thanks for visiting, Jenn