Playing with Fabric

I have been playing with some fabric for the 4x5 Modern Quilt Bee. No guarantees but I think I am getting close to making my choices. I also ordered some fabric from Sew Lux Fabric with a gift card I won from there, but those won't be in for a few days. The two stacks are all mixed together but kind of in order of the each block set.

Pulling fabric for Hive #1 4x5 bee

and

Pulling fabric for Hive #1 4x5 bee stack 2

I am thinking about using a block similar to this from Summer Sampler Series by Freshly Pieced. 

Summer Sampler Series: Mosaic block

However, I think I am actually going using the parallelograms instead of the half square triangles so I can keep the prints in one piece and use my go fabric cutter. 

What do you all think?

post signature

Comments

  1. Love that block! And like you, prefer it with parallelograms. Came thisclose to asking my bee group to make it for me, but decided I'd rather do a quilt and make it for myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your purple stack! Can't wait to see the blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it is a great idea to use this block but keep the prints in a parallelogram shape. Perhaps if you have time you should sketch it out to see how you like it. Happy Bee Block making. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the the time comment. Please know that I read each comment and they all make me smile.

Thanks for visiting, Jenn