For the Sunday Morning Quilt Bee (all blocks are based off the book) I was asked to make:
A row of 40 2 1/2 inch squares to help my bee mate make the checkerboard quilt.
I am sort of addicted to those that I wanted to make checker board for myself and I just might soon :)
I was also asked to make a 9 1/2 inch slab of green for leaves and vines. Kimmie also asked for some red/purple/magenta charm squares to make the leaves.
For the Make Mine Modern Quilting bee I was asked to make:
An improv block. Renae gave us a couple ohfransson.com tutorial choices. I based my block off this block. I find it really surprising how much fabric improv blocks take. I almost ran out of the green to finish this block.
For my second block Kelleigh asked for any 12 1/2 inch block made of solids. The picture looks Eastery but the colors are bright in real life.
Another month and another set of bee blocks done. And on time I might add. I am very proud of myself for keeping up this time.
Can't wait to get next month's assignments. One all ready came in. Luckily it was early, because I had to call my mom and have her raid her stash to mail me some black prints. It turns out I have 1 yes 1 black solid in my stash and it is a fat quarter. I guess I don't use black fabric much. I would say never but some did come with the Madrona road challenge that I didn't finish.