Bye Bye Google Reader

I know you have probably heard this already, in many many places, but google reader is going away.

I found this very shocking and sad, but it is what it is so let's make the best of it.

I personally have been trying out Feedly. Not sure on my impression of it yet. I think it is very pretty and that they have a lot of functions to it.  All those features mean I am still learning about everything it can do. The transition was super easy, I just had to login with my google account. The one thing I don't like is that they don't have an add to feedly button. Maybe that is on its way. Who knows.

Feedly Logo
via 

However, there are lots of other ways to follow. I know a many of you have decided to move over to bloglovin'. In just two-three days I have received more emails than I can count saying that so and so is now following me on bloglovin', which is great and has made me super happy to know that I am at least keeping those readers.  If you want you can easily follow me over there by clicking this button.

Follow on Bloglovin

If you already use google reader and you want to transfer to bloglovin they made it really simple. Just go sign up and under settings you can import blogs. I have been using bloglovin' for awhile. I like you can set it up to send you an email ever morning with the updates from the blogs you follow. I don't like that it didn't transfer over my categories like feedly did.

I am also on  networkedblogs. I follow a few blogs on it, but mostly I use it to push my blog post to twitter and facebook. There site is set up much differently than the other too. On this site you actually scroll left to right and you see a whole bunch of post by each blog you follow.



Now if you prefer you could just get my posts in email by clicking Subscribe to Jenniffier's Sometimes Creative Life by Email. Then you would get my posts in your email, which isn't everyday because I do not blog that often.

Of course you could also choose to follow along with my blog on facebook. Then my posts would sporadically appear on your main page, but I am not sure how facebook decides who/what you will see. I do know I often miss when some of my favorite people posts things.

I guess everything has its good and its bad. I just hope that you choose to stick around when google reader goes bye bye.

If this isn't new news for you, what have you been trying and why/why don't you like it?
post signature

Comments

  1. I tried Feedly and Bloglovin, and I fell for Feedly. Feedly allowed me to export my favorites from Google Reader, and bloglovin didn't.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the the time comment. Please know that I read each comment and they all make me smile.

Thanks for visiting, Jenn