Second Finished Bee Block for March

This is the second  Thursday in a row that I have realized I really should finish something this week. Then the thought came to me why not a bee block. I mean they are "quick". It is only one block... Why not! And for once that didn't turn out to be a bad thing. It is actually a very lovely thing.

Scapper's delight block from Sunday Morning Quilts for jyllybean for our quilt bee.

This block is made for my Sunday Morning Quilt bee. All the blocks we are making for this bee come from the Sunday Morning Quilts book. This particular block was super fun to make. I dug through my disaster of a scrap bin (as mentioned yesterday). Found some light to medium value colors... Added in a couple dark fabrics and called it good to go. Then you just build upon each layer until you have a 12 1/2 x 12 1/2 block. After making this block I kind of want to sit down with my scrap basket and make a whole bunch of these.

Well I hope my bee mate likes it.


post signature

Linking up to: Finish it up FridayLink a finish FridayTGIFFcan I get a whoop whoop

Comments

  1. that is a good idea for making large quilt blocks fast and use up a bit of scraps at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty block!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a nice one, good job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this kind of scrap block! Bold and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. pretty block, I love the scrappiness! thanks for linking up to TGIFF!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i can see how you would want to make a lot of these

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the the time comment. Please know that I read each comment and they all make me smile.

Thanks for visiting, Jenn