Sew Thinky Thursday: Bad Sewing Habits

I have been playing along with Sew Thinky Thursday day. Each week a new question is asked.


This weeks question is:
Bad sewing habits. Do you have them? Share with us, what are your worst habits when it comes to sewing?

Shh. Don't Tell any but I have a lot of bad sewing habits. 
  1. I forget to close my rotary cutter way too often. 
  2. I often just throw my scraps to the side and then maybe shove them in one of my scrap containers. 
  3. I leave piles of fabric laying on my table until it becomes such a big pile that I have to clean up before I cut anything else. I may even move it to the scrap pile just not to deal with it right now. 
  4. I drop pins all the time. I try to pick them up but often I find them when they poke me in the foot, I may curse just a bit when that happens. 
  5. My seam ripper is a good friend of mine. 
  6. I don't have a perfect quarter inch. I try but it isn't always exactly how I want it to be. 
  7. I have project ADD. I start something get distracted, try something new... oh but wait there was this...  what honey I was cleaning the kitchen.... oh yeah but I just want to finish this one thing... 
I am sure there is more, but this is good enough for now. How about you do you have any bad sewing habits?



post signature

Comments

  1. thanks for the giggle this morning -- cause I do many of those things myself. Last time i organized my scraps I probably found 20 fat qtrs and many yards of fabric because it had gotten pushed to the side for that next add project. (at least your in good company)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think mine is probably just sewing over pins all the time, I rarely take them out then curse when I run over one just the right way to break my needle. Oh and I never clean up my space until I'm done with my project...which sometimes is a while. My poor hubby is much more patiant than he should be ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think our bad sewing habits are identical twins seperated at birth...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I forget to close my rotary cutter too. I have knocked it off the table twice that resulted in cutting the top of my shoe once and the other time cit the top of my foot quite deeply. I never told my husband. I wore socks to bed for two weeks so he wouldn't know.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love piles! It is very irritating when they fall over and I have to pick them up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh another pile person! That's me too! I started keeping my piles in 3gallon ziploc bags - "project bags" sound so much more professional than piles. :) Please be careful with that rotary, those are the worst sewing stories - the ones that involve bleeding all over fabric. Be safe!
    Thanks for linking up this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh wow, I could actually have written this post, it sounds exactly like me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. HOW I GOT MY EX HUSBAND BACK WITH THE HELP OF REAL AND EFFECTIVE SPELL FROM DR Aluya My name is jessica, I never thought I will smile again, My husband left me with two kids for one year, All effort to bring him back failed I thought I'm not going to see him again not until I met a lady called Jesse who told me about a spell caster called Dr Aluya , She gave me his email address and mobile number and I contacted him and he assured me that within 48hours my husband will come back to me, In less than 48hours my husband came back started begging for forgiveness saying it is the devils work, so I'm still surprise till now about this miracle,i couldn't conceive but as soon as the spell was cast,i became pregnant and gave birth to my third child,if you need any assistance from him you can contact him via:email:{aluya.48hoursspelltemple@gmail.com} you can also call him or WhatsApp contact:: +2348055431163    

    ReplyDelete
  9. Are you in bad need of love spell to bring back your ex lover or reunite your marriage? contact Dr Sam for fast 48 hours solution. I had a problem with my husband a year and six months ago, which lead us apart. When he broke up with me, I was confuse and did not know what to do to get him back, I felt so empty inside. Until i came across Dr Sam on the internet on how He has helped so many people solve there various problem. I emailed Him and I told Him my problem and i did what he asked me to do for him to help me, to briefly make the long story short, Before I knew it, in less than 48 HOURS, my Husband gave me a call and he came back to me and told me he was sorry about what was going on between the both of us. Finally I am writing this testimony to offer my thanks and deep gratitude to you Dr Sam for keeping to your words and your promises in bringing him back to me in just 48 hours of your powerful spell casting, and for using your gifted and great powers to bring him back. If you need his help, you can email him at ( okokakspellhome@gmail.com ) or add Dr Sam on WhatsApp ( +2349060421250) or call him get all your problems solve No problem is too big for him to solve..Contact him now THANKS TO Dr Sam

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the the time comment. Please know that I read each comment and they all make me smile.

Thanks for visiting, Jenn