Thank goodness it is spring

It was one busy week last week. The week before spring break always seems to be that way. On top of it I haven't been feeling the best, so I really didn't spend much time in my sewing room. I am feeling a bit better, but by the evening my back starts hurting again and that means I don't sew.

However, yesterday was my first day of spring break (really a furlough day, but I am home so it counts) and I got some blocks done. I would have had more but I had a brown solid in with these blocks and it just did not look good so I used my trusty seam ripper and got rid of it.

woodland low value quilt

Also my lovely husband picked up my camera for me.

Finally got my camera back from the repair shop. Note to self - do not drop expensive items in the middle of a parking lot.

Since I am so happy to have it back, I went out into the yard and took some picture of my square foot garden. You can see the carrots, onions, garlic, beets and some peas that I planted in the fall taking off now.

Carrots and Onions

DSC_5524.jpg

square foot garden 2013

In just a few more days some little seedlings will start popping out. Hopefully that is.

I am so happy to see the tulips poking out of the garden. I can't wait for them to start blooming.

tulips just coming up

And my roses taking off.

roses

Climbing Roses

Even the tree is starting to get leaves.

tree new leafs

It is so green outside that the pups couldn't help but take sometime to play in the grass.

DSC_5508.jpg

Gus was all for posing for pictures.

Gus dog in the grass

But he had to be on the look out because Suzie just wanted to play.

Gus dog in the grass 2


Hope everyone is doing well... I am wishing you a green spring to come soon enough if it is still white or cold where you are.

Signature small

Comments

  1. Like your fabrics, Jenniffier. And your square foot garden is awesome! Sweet dog pics, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What agreat garden! Hope your veggies do well this season!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All your pretty garden pictures make me want even more for spring to thaw us out :( Sadly we are expecting snow tomorrow, so keeps the green pics coming, they are lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. looking forward to seeing you put those blocks together. I have some of that fabric too and still thinking about what quilt to make with it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for those Spring pictures.... it has still not arrived over here! More snow coming today although it not being much, but still... it is snow!
    Esther

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you are feeling lots better.

    I also wanted to let you know the April To Do List Linky is up on my blog if you want to link up this month.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the the time comment. Please know that I read each comment and they all make me smile.

Thanks for visiting, Jenn