Monday, June 3, 2013

June Goals

You would think with the whole being on summer vacation thing I would have plenty of time to work on all my projects. However, in less than 10 days I am actually going on vacation. This is very unusual for me. I mean, I might go camping or do this or that, but I am actually on a real trip. We are going Hawaii. Yep that is right Hawaii. My sister-in-law is getting married and of course we had to make a vacation out of it. I am so excited about it, that it isn't even funny :)

Via 

So my biggest goal is to be ready to go on vacation, but lets get back to my sewing goals for June. First and foremost I want to make myself a purse for our trip. I just bought the pattern from the Sidekick bag by Noodlehead. I think it is going to be perfect because I can extend the strap to wear it as a messenger bag when needed, which is how I prefer to wear my bag when being touristy. Since this is my most important goal I am going to make it my Lovely Year of Finishes Goal for the month.

Sidekick Bag Fabric Choices

I would also like to make progress on my wonky bento box quilt. I had these blocks made by a couple of bees for me. I am so excited to see them come together.

Modified Bento blocks all recieved

I also started a new project. My mom bought me Simply Retro with Camille Roskelley for my b-day and sent it to me early as I will be in Hawaii for my b-day. After looking over the book and falling in love with most of the quilts, I decided to to make start the mini quilt in the book. I would love to try hand quilting this quilt this summer. So my goal is to finish the top this month.

Adorn- Simply Retro Work in Progress

I will also bring my embroidery 101 on the trip with me. I am sure I will have some relaxing time where I can work on my embroidery blocks. This is an old picture, but I actually have no clue what block I am on right now. That is how long it has been since I worked on my embroidery.
Embroidery 101 work so far

Wow I am already feeling exhausted by this list. So I think I will stop here. If I accomplish more, that will be super cool. If not then so be it.

post signature

Linking up to:



2 comments:

  1. Enjoy your trip! We go to Kauai every 3 years and it is my paradise on Earth for sure. I love the looks of your new project too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Relax and enjoy your holiday, and if you get some sewing done too then great :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the the time comment. Please know that I read each comment and they all make me smile.

Thanks for visiting, Jenn