Super cute Sidekick Tote

I am really excited to have this tote finished. Surprisingly I finished in less than a week. I guess when I have a deadline I am much better at staying on task.I used the sidekick pattern by NoodleheadAnna's pattern was easy to follow and pretty clear. I made this tote with a gray/black linen, purple solid and Kaffe Fassett glass print.

Finished sidekick tote

Now this is only my second bag, not including pouches, that I have ever made. So some of the directions took awhile for me to figure out. That was more my lack of knowledge that how the pattern was written.

Finished sidekick tote

I did make an adjustment and add a key fob. I am always losing my keys in my purse.

inside of Finished sidekick tote

My favorite thing about this purse is that it can be converted into across the chest bag, which will be perfect for me in Hawaii.

Finished sidekick tote handle extended

My second favorite thing is that my iPad fits in there, which means I can carry the my iPad on the the plane. I already checked and there is plenty of room for my phone, wallet, embroidery, inhaler, and some snacks. There was even room left over.

inside of Finished sidekick tote ipad fits!

Overall I am very happy with the way that my new purse turned out. Since I can't wait to use it I will be transferring all my stuff to this bag before going out today :)

post signature

Linking up to:

Comments

  1. it turned out so well, jenn! nice to have it come together quickly. the key fob is a perfect touch; i have the same problem.
    i'm not normally a big kaffe fasset fan, but this print is fantastic. pairs well with the chambray body.
    where are you going in hawaii?

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great bag! details, pockets, adjustable strap and all. congrats on a great finish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This bag looks great! I always wear my bag across me so I don't bang one of my kids in the head with my bag. Usually my purse is pretty heavy so it could really pack a punch just free flying around. Is this a free tutorial or a pattern? I am going to check it out because someone took a pair of scissors to my purse strap, and although it's okay for now, it will eventually snap and I'm going to need a new one. I'm glad you shared this! Have fun in Hawaii!!! I used to live there when I was in the Navy and want to take the family there for vacation sometime soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty bag! Love the combination of fabrics!
    Esther
    ipatchandquilt dot wordpress dot com
    esthersipatchandquilt at yahoo com

    ReplyDelete
  5. fabulous! The linen looks so great with the print!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it - your choice of fabrics is brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun bag! I love that color linen. Visiting from Lily's Quilts. Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. HOW I GOT MY EX HUSBAND BACK WITH THE HELP OF REAL AND EFFECTIVE SPELL FROM DR Aluya My name is jessica, I never thought I will smile again, My husband left me with two kids for one year, All effort to bring him back failed I thought I'm not going to see him again not until I met a lady called Jesse who told me about a spell caster called Dr Aluya , She gave me his email address and mobile number and I contacted him and he assured me that within 48hours my husband will come back to me, In less than 48hours my husband came back started begging for forgiveness saying it is the devils work, so I'm still surprise till now about this miracle,i couldn't conceive but as soon as the spell was cast,i became pregnant and gave birth to my third child,if you need any assistance from him you can contact him via:email:{aluya.48hoursspelltemple@gmail.com} you can also call him or WhatsApp contact:: +2348055431163    

    ReplyDelete
  9. Are you in bad need of love spell to bring back your ex lover or reunite your marriage? contact Dr Sam for fast 48 hours solution. I had a problem with my husband a year and six months ago, which lead us apart. When he broke up with me, I was confuse and did not know what to do to get him back, I felt so empty inside. Until i came across Dr Sam on the internet on how He has helped so many people solve there various problem. I emailed Him and I told Him my problem and i did what he asked me to do for him to help me, to briefly make the long story short, Before I knew it, in less than 48 HOURS, my Husband gave me a call and he came back to me and told me he was sorry about what was going on between the both of us. Finally I am writing this testimony to offer my thanks and deep gratitude to you Dr Sam for keeping to your words and your promises in bringing him back to me in just 48 hours of your powerful spell casting, and for using your gifted and great powers to bring him back. If you need his help, you can email him at ( okokakspellhome@gmail.com ) or add Dr Sam on WhatsApp ( +2349060421250) or call him get all your problems solve No problem is too big for him to solve..Contact him now THANKS TO Dr Sam

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the the time comment. Please know that I read each comment and they all make me smile.

Thanks for visiting, Jenn