Work in Progress Week 16

Is it really Wednesday already?


Completed Projects:

Complete something two weeks in a row. Ha! Not me. I mean I should of, I could of, but nah!

Nearly Completed Projects:


I just need to finishing binding it. I made a silly mistake in binding it and I just haven't fixed it yet. 

My second nearly completed project. One of my May Bee Blocks for a Twist on Tradition. I actually planned this one out. She asked for a 4 X 4 block so I go out my The Quilter's Album of Patchwork Patterns: 4050 Pieced Blocks for Quilters
The Quilter's Album of Patchwork Patterns: 4050 Pieced Blocks for Quilters

And I picked this one:

I made the 1/2 square triangles.

Then I laid them out 



When I put them into the block I noticed it was pinwheels. How had I not see that before. Interesting. 

Then I had to get ready to meet my brother for lunch and rolled up and there it has been sitting for three days. 
New Projects:

I was asked to make a quilt for a local quilt/sewing machine shop. I know me right. Amazing! She actually asked me a while ago, but I just didn't have time and she was still getting new fabric in. So yesterday, I had a very bad horrible no good day. 

What is a quilter to do on one of those days? Well of course shop for fabric. So I went to her shop and decided now is the time to make her something. Or possibly she reminded me when I have time I said I would make her something for her shop. Or a little off both. 

I wasn't happy with any of the patterns, but I have one of the books she is currently selling. So I offered to make a quilt out of  Simplify.

Simplify with Camille Roskelley: Quilts for the Modern Home (Stash Books)


I know I have talked about this book before, but it really does make me happy. 

Here are the fabrics I choose. 

Don't ask, I am on an orange and blue kick right now. 

Then I made it black and white to check my values. 

I noticed there wasn't any dark so I added this. 

Checked the values again. 

Looking good but I feel like it is missing something. I will have to figure it out before I start cutting. Maybe something from my own stash will help. Or maybe the dark is too dark. Maybe I need to put them in a better order. 



Oh look I forgotten I added more. Now lets try black and white.

I think it looks a lot better. Oh yeah there will be a solid with this either off-white, cream, or white. 

Hmm... Any ideas, about what is missing or what needs to be taken away? 

Ongoing Projects:

May blocks for bees (counts for two projects). I looked at fabric for one of them and decided on the design for the other. I just never made it to the cutting and then sewing part. 



Completed tops awaiting quilting:

Posh Quilt - backing check, batting check, time to quilt it - nope


Loves Road

I didn't do anything with these:

UFOs -

Scrappy Bear

Halloween Quilt

* Peace Purse - I was hoping to make this for a co-worker. Not going to happen removing from list adding fabric back into stash!

Wait I have been leaving off one... 

Christmas Hexagon table runner and pillows. 

This week's stats:
New projects: 1
Completed projects :  ha
Currently in progress - 9 
Linking up to:

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

Comments

  1. What quilt are you making from the Simplify book? I love you fabric stack. Good idea to take a black and white picture for value!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you have a lot going on! Love how your storm at sea looks - super impressive, that is a complicated block! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is all wonderful, I especially like the storm at sea quilt! That pattern is on my list to try.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The black and white picture is a great idea! And I love the posh quilt, what fabric line did you use for that?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this post! An the black and white photos to check the values is genius!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the use of black and white photos to check values. Being a newbie I tend to just sew with what I like but I like this idea for more complex designs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, that's a good idea! (using b&w to check values)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the the time comment. Please know that I read each comment and they all make me smile.

Thanks for visiting, Jenn