Work in Progress Week 22

Another week a bit of progress this week. I wasn't feeling too well last week so I was stuck on the couch, which was a good thing for my embroidery 101 blocks.

Completed Projects:

Doll Quilt for the Sacramento Modern Quilt Guild Challenge. I did the binding yesterday. I was tried of this being a UFO. I completely changed how I did the binding. So it took me over an hour to unpick and redo the binding. 

Storm at Sea doll Quilt

Close up of the doll quilt

Storm at Sea Close up

Please ignore any imperfections. I just wanted this done and I love it in all of it imperfections. I am hanging up as a reminder not to rush though things or leave things for the last minute. Haha!  Like I would ever do that :)

Speaking of putting things off. I decided to join
Photobucket
on flickr. I seem to have a whole stack of UFOs down there so I joined a support group, because checking in each week isn't seeming to help. Join too if you like. 

New Projects:
June was my month for Scrap-bee blocks. I asked for  a modified bento box block in aqua and tangerine with gray/white as neutrals. I even made a flick gallery to help with inspirations. Here it is in mosaic form. 

Scrap-bee inspiration as a mosaic

These are the blocks that I recieved so far. I am just waiting for three more to come in. Then I will start quartering them and sewing them into a modified bento. 

scrap bee blocks June Recieved

The tutorial I shared to make these blocks was from film on the fridge for the modified bento box. It worked out really well and was pretty easy to follow. The block I made is right there at the bottom in the middle. They all look so great together. I am very happy with this so far. Please ignore the bed full of wrinkles underneath. I really don't like ironing unless it is necessary for quilting. 

Ongoing Projects:

Embroidery 101 Quilt Along -  All 9 blocks are done. Again with the wrinkle bed, just pretend you don't see it..

embroidery 101 completed blocks


And two blocks even have the embroidery done.

Block 1

embroidery 101 block 1

Block 2

Embroidery 101 block 2

I am all caught up with this Quilt Along. So that is a good thing. 

Completed tops awaiting quilting:
You would think I could get to these already. 



Loves Road


I didn't do anything with these:


Orange/blue commissioned quilt -  All the blocks are done. I just need to do some sashing. Have the fabric, should have cut it already, but really didn't do anything yesterday :)

WIP Orange and Blue

Kaleidoscopic quilt along - Again no cutting of fabric yet this week. Maybe after I finish cleaning up for the forth of July party. I have a lot of serving dishes to put away :)


New Fabric choices for Kaleidoscope Quilt Along

Sacramento Modern Quilt Guild's Kona Challenge - I have decided to add one more row, just haven't got to it yet. 

Kona Challenge Quilts Sacramento Modern Quilt Guild

Central Park Kit - Nada, haven't even looked at the box.

Kit for Central Park Quilt


BWS tips button 

Still haven't got to this yet!

UFOs -
I took one off this list so at least that is good. 

Scrappy Bear

Halloween Quilt

Christmas Hexagon table runner and pillows.

This week's stats:
New projects: 1
Completed projects :  1
Currently in progress - 12

Linking up to:
WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

post signature

Comments

  1. Hey, progress is progress! I love the doll quilt; so cute! Your modified Bento is going to be so cute. I love the color combinations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you have a lot of fun things on the go! I love that doll quilt and the one with stars is also wonderful! It is fun to see my block in your mosaic too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you have so many beautiful things on the go. They are all lovely i can't even pick out a favourite.
    Thanks for info on the Flickr site I might just have to join in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. AnonymousJuly 07, 2011

    Vow, I'm impressed! You have so many wonderful projecst going on! I love all your works and fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous blog!! I'm going to have to come back soon and hunt around a bit!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. AnonymousJuly 07, 2011

    Embroidery is just beautiful! LOVE the colors on your Kaleidoscope quilt! Can't wait to see what you do with the fabrics in the box. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lots of gorgeous projects! Your orange & aqua bento box is going to be awesome - LOVE those colors together!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The doll quilt looks great! And I love the bento blocks. That's going to be one gorgeous quilt, in one of my fave color combinations! Thanks for including my pillow in your inspiration mosaic, btw!

    And thanks for linking up to WIP Wednesday. : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. Are you in bad need of love spell to bring back your ex lover or reunite your marriage? contact Dr Sam for fast 48 hours solution. I had a problem with my husband a year and six months ago, which lead us apart. When he broke up with me, I was confuse and did not know what to do to get him back, I felt so empty inside. Until i came across Dr Sam on the internet on how He has helped so many people solve there various problem. I emailed Him and I told Him my problem and i did what he asked me to do for him to help me, to briefly make the long story short, Before I knew it, in less than 48 HOURS, my Husband gave me a call and he came back to me and told me he was sorry about what was going on between the both of us. Finally I am writing this testimony to offer my thanks and deep gratitude to you Dr Sam for keeping to your words and your promises in bringing him back to me in just 48 hours of your powerful spell casting, and for using your gifted and great powers to bring him back. If you need his help, you can email him at ( okokakspellhome@gmail.com ) or add Dr Sam on WhatsApp ( +2349060421250) or call him get all your problems solve No problem is too big for him to solve..Contact him now THANKS TO Dr Sam

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the the time comment. Please know that I read each comment and they all make me smile.

Thanks for visiting, Jenn