Sunday Morning Quilts Bee block

I only finished one thing this week and that was one of my Sunday Morning Quilts bee block. This is a flickr bee group where each month we have two hosts and each host gets to ask for a block inspired by the book Sunday Morning Quilts: 16 Modern Scrap Projects  Sort, Store, and Use Every Last Bit of Your Treasured Fabrics

The missing u block for my Sunday morning quilt bee

It is Christine's month asked and she for The Missing U block. However, instead of doing it Rainbow colors like in the book, she is going with more masculine colors inspired by the pattern fortune teller in the book. She asked each beemate to make a block in either browns, creams, black or grays.

We each got assigned a color and I was assigned black. However, I have no black fabrics in my stash. This is actually the first time I have ever worked with black fabrics. Luckily I knew some one who has lots in her stash. So I called up my mom and she sent me a package of black scraps and some cuts off of her black fabric stash. So thanks to my mom I was able to make this block and now I think I like working with black and white fabric too :)

Never thought I would. That is my favorite thing about joining bees, you try things that you probably wouldn't have done on your own.  And sometimes you find you really like them. Other times people ask you to do something you think you would like and it turns out not to be your favorite, but luckily you only have to do it once, maybe twice. It is fun to try new things and grow as a quilter without having to make a whole quilt.

post signature

PS - Don't forget to enter my giveaway 

Linking up to: Finish it up FridayLink a finish FridayTGIFFcan I get a whoop whoop

Comments

  1. A friend of mine recently asked for a quilt in only black and white. I didn't have any black in my stash, either, and I was very concerned about how "just black and white" would turn out. Like you, though, I liked it much more than I expected, and I got to create a "black scraps" box for the leftovers :-). I love the block you made. Isn't Sunday Morning a fun book?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I would be in trouble as well if I had to make a black block, I don't have a single black scrap in my stash! Your block turned out great, that's a fun one to make, no?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's why I love bees too! The book is one of my favorites...what a fun bee to be a part of!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been collecting black and whites for a little over a year and seeing your block makes me think I should go in and finally start cutting it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, that's so pretty! I have a stash of black and white fabrics I've been accumulating for a while, in hopes of making a black and white quilt - someday! Whoop whoop for your pretty block!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for linking up in March to Richard and Tanya Quilts on our Link a Finish Friday. We will have a new linkup available every Friday. So stop by and share what you have been working on and check out what others are doing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the the time comment. Please know that I read each comment and they all make me smile.

Thanks for visiting, Jenn